- 19.09.2019 “Multiple-model idealization in economics”, Aix-Marseille School of Economics – AMSE, Marseilles, France.
- 21.08.2019 “Multiple-model idealization in economics”, INEM Conference 2019, Helsinki, Finland.
- 18.08.2019 “Philecons and others”, Past and future of Journal of Economic Methodology, pre-conference workshop, INEM Conference 2019, Helsinki, Finland.
- 10.04.2019 “Explanatory value in context”, Department of Economics Seminar, Bahçeşehir University, İstanbul, Turkey.
- 24.05.2018 Lecture: “Models and Explanations in Economics”, Institute for Philosophy Seminar, Leiden University, The Netherlands.
- 28.05.2018 “The diversity of models as a means to better explanations in economics”, EIPE Seminar, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- 31.05.2018, TBA. TiLPS seminar, Tilburg University, The Netherlands.
- 20-22.06.2018 Short Course, The 10th International Conference & Summer School Economic Challenges in Enlarged Europe,17 – 22 June 2018 in Tallinn.
- 21.12.2017. How-possibly explanations, w/ Tomi Kokkonen, Brown Bag Seminar, TINT, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- 11.12.2017. Robustness Analysis, PoS Seminar, TINT, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- 12.10.2017. What to do with multiple-models, TINT Workshop: What to do with highly unrealistic models?, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- 18.09.2017. The diversity of models as a means to better explanations, PoS Seminar, TINT, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- 29.08.2017. Robustness analysis and confidence in unrealistic models, INEM 2017 Conference, San Sebastian, Spain.
- 19.07.2017. Making sense of the explanatory import of theoretical models in economics. Institut für Philosophie, University of Vienna, Austria.
- 22-24 March, 2017. The Diversity of Models as a Means to Better Explanations in Economics. EIPE 20th Anniversary Conference, Erasmus Institute for Philosophy and Economics (EIPE), Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- 27 April 2017. Invited Speaker. “Diversity of models as a means to truer explanations in economics”, Higher Seminar in Economics, University of Södertörn, Sweden.
- 20 February 2017. “Models and Explanation”, PoS Seminar, University of Helsinki.
- 7 December 2016. 5 ideas. Five ten-minute snapshots of innovative work in CoE (Academy of Finland Centre of Excellence in the Philosophy of Social Sciences) by Jaakko Kuorikoski, Michiru Nagatsu, Alkistis Elliott-Graves, Emrah Aydinonat, Aki Lehtinen.
- 19 September 2016. Presentation: “The Curious Case of the Hotelling Location Model”, PoS Seminar, University of Helsinki.
- 24-26 August 2016. Conference Presentation: “Explanation Paradox Resolved”, The Fifth Conference of the European Network for the Philosophy of the Social Sciences (ENPOSS), University of Helsinki, Finland.
- 15-16 June 2016. Conference Presentation: “Economics of Gnomes and Trolls”, 3rd International Conference Economic Philosophy, Aix-en-Provence, France.
- 9-19 May 2016. Invited Speaker, “The Invisible Hand in Economics”, The Invisible Hand in Law, Economy and Culture. Workshop on Spontaneous Order, Mechanisms and Unintended Consequences, 9-10 May, Warsaw.
- 17-19 September 2015. Conference Presentation: “Can we learn from so-called minimal models?”, EAEPE Conference.
- 05.2015. Invited Speaker at the World Bank Development Report 2015 event in Ankara, Turkey.
- 15-16 November 2014. “Invisible Hand and Marketization”, TINT Workshop on Market and Marketization.
- 2 September 2013. Invited Lecture. “Institutions, history and context-specific analysis”, History of Economic Thought, Economic Philosophy and Economic History 16th Summer School, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey.
- 21-23 October 2013. Seminar: “Models come in Clusters”, Universität Bayreuth, Bayreuth, Germany.
- 21-23 October 2013. Invited Lecture on history and methodology of economics, Universität Bayreuth, Bayreuth, Germany.
- 7-9 November 2013. “Lessons from the Maghribi traders debate”, EAEPE Conference, Paris.
- 4-5 May 2012. “How to use economic models”, Market and Marketization Workshop, Helsinki, Finland.
- 1-3 September 2011. “Models come in Clusters”, INEM Conference, Helsinki, Finland.
- 5-6 September 2011. “Invisible Hand, Moral Markets and Intervention”, Market and Marketization Workshop, Helsinki, Finland.
- 10-11 December 2010. “The Two Images of Economics: Why the fun disappears when important questions are at stake”, Economics Made Fun in the face of the crisis, EIPE Symposium, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- 28-30 October 2010. “The Uses and Misuses of Models: The Case of the Invisible Hand”, EAEPE Conference, Bordeaux University, Bordeaux, France.
- 1-4 October 2009. “The Invisible Hand and Adam Smith”, Adam Smith Conference, Kocaeli, Turkey.
- 19-20 November 2009. “The Evolution of Social Institutions”, Darwin ve Evrimsel İktisat Sempozyumu, Hacettepe Üniversitesi, Ankara, Turkey.
- 6-8 November 2009. “Money: Interdisciplinary Perspectives” EAEPE Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 25-28 June 2009. “Origin of Money: Interdisciplinary Perspectives”, Money – Interdisciplinary Perspectives Workshop – Freie Universität Berlin, June 25-28, 2009.
- 28-30 May 2009. “Explanatory Import of How Possible Explanations” (with Petri Ylikoski) Modeling the World: Perspectives from Biology and Economics, TINT, Helsinki University, Finland.
- 04.2009. “Representation and Agent-based Computational Economics”, IDG Workshop on New Trends in Economics, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 01.2009. “Credible Worlds (Theoretical Models in Economics)”, Philosophy of Science (POS) Seminar, Helsinki, Finland.
- 12.2008. “The Survival of H-O Theory v3”, EIPE Seminar, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- 20-22.11.2008. “Evolution of Money: Perspectives from Neurobiology and Economics”, NEUROECONOMICS: HYPE OR HOPE?, EIPE Conference, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- 6-8.11.2008. “The Survival of H-O Theory v.2”, EAEPE Conference 2008, Rome, Italy
- 10 – 1.11.2008. Origin of “Money”: Perspectives from Economics, Anthropology and Economics, Models, Mechanisms, and Interdisciplinarity Workshop, TINT, Helsinki University, Finland.
- 09.2008. “The Survival of H-O Theory”, Philosophy of Science (POS) Seminar, Helsinki, Finland.
- 09.2008. “Value of Invisible Hand Explanations”, International Network for Economic Method (INEM) Conference, 12-13 September 2008, Madrid, Spain (conference web page).
- 06.2008. “Survival of the Richest: How Does the H-O Theory Survive Despite Its Poor Empirical Performance?”, 35th Annual Meeting of the History of Economics Society, 27 – 30 June 2008, York University, Toronto, Canada.
- 2-4.11.2006. “Origin of Money: Do we know any Better than Menger did?”, EAEPE Conference: “Developing Economies; Multiple Trajectories, Multiple Developments”, Galatasaray University, Turkey.
- 06.2006. “Explanatory Characteristics of the Checkerboard Model”, 2nd International Conference on Business Management and Economics, 15 – 18 Haziran 2006, İzmir.
- 06.2006. “Interpretation of Game Theory: The Case of Coordination Conventions”, 2nd International Conference on Business Management and Economics, 15 – 18 Haziran 2006, İzmir.
- 06.2006. Invited Speaker. “Micromotives and Macrobehavior”, Plenary Session, 2nd International Conference on Business Management and Economics, 15 – 18 Haziran 2006, İzmir.
- 05.2004. “Models of Emergence of Money”, ESNIE (European School on New Institutional Economics) 2004, Cargèse Institute of Scientific Studies, at Cargèse, Corsica, 02 – 08.05.2004.
- 3 – 7.07.2001. Participation at the XIV Workshop on “Cognitive Processes and Rationality in Economics” Siena, Italy.
- 02.2001. “Wonder of Armchair Inquiry: Conjectures as Explanations”, Ph.D. Workshop, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, US.
- 07.2000. “Conjectures as Explanations: Invisible Hands in Schelling’s Models of Residential Segregation”, History of Economic Society (HES) Conference (30.06.2000-03.07.2000) Vancouver, Canada.
- 07.2000. Comment on: “Williamson and the rhetorical construction of Transaction Cost Economics” (by Huascar Pessali and Ramon Garcia Fernandez), History of Economic Society (HES) Conference (30.06.2000-03.07.2000) Vancouver, Canada.
- 04.2000. Comment on “Milton Friedman and the Emergence of the Permanent Income Hypothesis” (by Hsiang-Ke Chao), ECHE (European Conferences on the History of Economics) Conference: Changing Instruments in Economics, April 20-22, 2000, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- 02 2000. “Invisible Hand Explanations”, AMRO Ph.D. workshop [organized jointly by Mark Blaug (University of Amsterdam) and Albert Jolink (EIPE, Erasmus University Rotterdam). 12.30-16:00.] Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- 12.1999. “From Adam Smith to Game Theory: Explaining the Unintended Consequences of Human Action”, Seminar Series of the Department of Economics, Ankara University, Faculty of Political Science, Ankara, Turkey.
- 08.1999. “Invisible Hand Explanations: The Case of Menger’s Explanation of ‘Origin of Money’”, 11th International Congress of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science (20-26.08.1999) [International Union of History and Philosophy of Science (IUHPS), Division of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science (DLMPS) – Jagiellonian University.] Krakow, Poland.